OK this is something that is soooooo old school British its almost laughable but it I think its pretty cool as well. Debretts, the bible for all things mannered, has released five golden rules for how to behave when using social network sites! The advice isn’t eactly rocket science but its not as insanely stupid as most mainstream press scare mongering around things like Facebook so credit it where its due!
1. You don’t have to make friends with people you don’t know. Think before you poke.
2. Wait 24 hours before accepting or removing someone as a friend. The delay will help you gather your thoughts.
3. Birthdays, engagements and weddings are not “virtual” events. Always send cards or phone friends when there is an important event.
4. Think before posting a friend’s photo what you would feel like if it was you.
5. Think carefully about your profile picture. Would you want it to be appearing in your local newspaper?