I’m not American and god knows with hindsight it feels like one of those holidays you might want to rethink given the history but I like the parade, love an excuse for more Turkey and mostly just like it as a prompt to call out some things for which I am thankful for.
So I this year am thankful →
- I sold my shares in TPXimpact when I did
- That Miranda and Tom hired me to be Head of Profession for Product Management as it is the happiest I’ve been in a role in ages
- For Sophie and Jason bringing me into UKHSA even if it didn’t work out. I needed that opportunity to remind myself I could still do the work after such a long break
- To Sharon for tweeting about the InterRail sale – that combined with the length of time it took for me to be cleared to start at work provided me with an amazing holiday experience I’d never have done otherwise
- Getting to attend ATX TV Camp in Austin, Texas
- …and visit Wyndham Walls in Miami, Florida
- My health. Both physical and mental. I mean it is a low bar but I’m in relatively good shape now after a few bad years
- A healthy tax rebate
- Reading Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
- So much great television
…and of course my friends and family.
So plenty to be thankful for.